SureCrete's XS-Veining is a concrete countertop veining dry colored powder that is specifically formulated to create unique looking veins in concrete countertops, making them look like a natural marble vein The same type of eye-catching veins found running through marble can now be found running through concrete. SureCrete's XS concrete veining material is a dry broadcast medium used to create natural looking veins in the Xtreme Series mix’s. The effect produced is that of naturally occurring veins in stone formation. XS Veining is designed to be placed on the wet edge of concrete during the pouring process of precast applications.
XS Veining is extremely versatile in its uses in precast concrete. Besides just the wet edge technique, some have only dusted it into a mold to create unusual color patterns throughout the surface of a casted concrete piece using our Xtreme Series mix designs. Given its incredibly simple application methods, XS Veining's use is not solely limited to experience fabrication professionals and contractors. It can easily be applied by those homeowners and weekend warriors looking to create a DIY, one-time, custom concrete creation for their kitchen counter, dining table or outdoor patio table.
Designs that could be created using XS Concrete Countertop Veining Color Powder:
- Themed Bathroom Vanities & Sinks
- Integral Kitchen Sinks
- Integral Bath Sinks
- Custom Shower Panels
- Faux Stone Tiles
- Faux Travertine Counters
- Custom "Veined" Concrete
- Variegated Stone Precast Concrete
- Faux "Marbled" Slabs
- Coordinated Floor & Wall Tiles
- Precast Architectural Pieces
- Custom Themed Furniture
- Three-Dimensional Vibrant Molds
How Do You Apply SureCrete XS Concrete Veining Material?
XS Veining is typically applied inside a precast mold before and/or during the casting, the mix is poured:
- If looking to create some discoloration in the surface, simple "dusting" the surface of the mold in the areas you would like to create prior to the mix is poured in will create your desired look.
- If looking to create a custom "vein" through a concrete cast piece, first begin by strategically placing XS Precast mix into your mold, creating a "line" in the mold where the flow of XS Precast ends.
- Now, place by hand the XS Veining material into the wet edge of the concrete, covering the entire area intended to have a vein (sometimes using a small chip brush to push in the XS Veining material is helpful).
- Vacuum up or blow out with compressed air any excess veining material
- Using a spray bottle with water, lightly mist the vein. This will help to activate the cement in the vein.
- Now pour your remaining XS Precast into the mold (or form up your next vein if you want another one in your cast surface).
Frequently Asked Questions About Thin Concrete Countertop Veining Color Powder:
Question: Can I load up a bunch of XS Veining to create a colored void in my precast piece?
Answer: Not really, you'll end up with a slight void that won't look much like a vein. You can, however, manipulate some slightly wet baking soda and place it in your mold to create substantial voids. This can be done right along side where XS Veining Material is placed to create a full "crevasse" for extra texture.
Question: How much is too much XS Veining?
Answer: Since it does not cure like our XS Precast line, loading up Too much veining material can cause your piece to cure slightly differently, and quite a possible slower, affecting the surface texture of your cast piece. Self-testing and good judgment are your only limiting factors when deciding on your finished design.
Specifications and Properties of SureCrete's Concrete Countertop Veining Powder XS Veining
|Coverage||Varies widely depending on application method|
|VOC Rating||0 g/L|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
SureCrete XS-Veining Concrete Countertop Veining Color Options
XS-Veining Concrete Countertop Veining Color Part Numbers package SKU's and UPC's
Blue Fog Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-03 | UPC: 842467107621
Charcoal Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-06 | UPC: 842467107638
Chocolate 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-07 | UPC: 842467107645
Desert Sand Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-11 | UPC: 842467107652
Gray Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-13 | UPC: 842467107669
Green Slate Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-14 | UPC: 842467107676
Maplewood Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-17 | UPC: 842467107683
Putty Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-21 | UPC: 842467107690
Redwood Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-22 | UPC: 842467107706
Sand Buff Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-23 | UPC: 842467107713
Sun Buff Color 24 oz. XS-Veining SKU: 45103005-27 | UPC: 842467107720
Blue Fog Color 24 oz. XS-Veining, Charcoal Color 24 oz. XS-Veining, Chocolate 24 oz. XS-Veining, Desert Sand Color 24 oz. XS-Veining, Gray Color 24 oz. XS-Veining, Green Slate Color 24 oz. XS-Veining, Maplewood Color 24 oz. XS-Veining, Putty Color 24 oz. XS-Veining, Redwood Color 24 oz. XS-Veining, Sand Buff Color 24 oz. XS-Veining, Sun Buff Color 24 oz. XS-Veining