Commercial Grade High Gloss Floor Polyurethane Solvent Based DK400™
Dura-Kote solvent-based clear high gloss floor polyurethane is a 2 component 51% solids, acrylic aliphatic polyurethane designed as a non-yellowing clear coating for interior concrete, concrete overlays, or as a clear top finish coat on epoxy systems. The high-gloss clear top coat generates the premier balance of strength, added UV stability, flexibility, chemical and scratch resistance that is both user-friendly and extremely durable.
When dealing with protective coatings for concrete, which sealer you choose can vary wildly based upon the arena that the sealer is going to be applied in, the different chemicals it will be exposed to, as well as the amount of foot traffic or abrasion it will endure. In the case of choosing a sealer for an interior concrete application or overlay, there are few coatings that offer the balance of cost-efficiency and resilience as solvent polyurethane sealers. Dura-Kote Polyurethane solvent based clear topcoat has been formulated to be one of the most mechanically and chemically resistant coatings available on the market today.
High Gloss Clear Floor Polyurethane Solvent-Based Applications:
- Commercial Kitchen Floors
- Retail Floor Protection
- Restaurant and Bar Floors
- Residential Living Areas
- Interior Hotel and Resort Flooring
- High-Traffic Interior Walkways
- Auditorium and Stage Floors
- Residential and Hotel Bedroom Floors
How to Apply Dura-Kote High Gloss Clear Floor Polyurethane Commercial Grade Interior Coating:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants, and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity to stay below 75%.
- Pour 1 part "B" into four parts "A" in a large mixing container (we pre-measured the kits to make it easy on you!)and mix mechanically for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- Use a premium, de-fuzzed, phenolic core roller to roll out thin coats over working area, making sure to maintain wet edges and backroll the entire surface.
- Two coats are suggested with any interior project receiving a polyurethane coating, with the second coat being applied as soon as the first coat can be walked on, and is used in the same manner as the first layer.
- While not necessarily required, we suggest the use of a sacrificial wax coating to extend the life of the floor and add a measure of slip resistance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dura-Kote High Gloss Clear Floor Polyurethane Solvent Topcoat:
Question: Can I use just one coat of Dura-Kote Polyurethane SB?
Answer: Yes, but for the best results, we highly recommend using two thinly applied coats.
Question: Will Dura-Kote Polyurethane SB self-level and fill small holes?
Answer: Yes, slightly. It is a higher solids content coating than an acrylic sealer but is not strong enough to fill large voids.
Question: Can Dura-Kote Polyurethane SB be used outside?
Specifications and Properties of Dura-Kote Clear Water-Based Polyurethane:
|Coverage||Approx 300-400 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate porosity and application methods)|
|VOC Rating||less than 435 g/L|
|Pot Life||approx 60 minutes|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
|Ready for recoat||6-8 hours (18+ hours at low temperatures)|
|Light Duty Use||24 hours (Up to 48 hours at low temperatures)|
|Heavy Traffic Ready||3 days (Up to 5 days at low temperatures)|
|Full Cure||5-7 days (Up to 14 days at low temperatures)|
|Appearance (cured)||Clear Gloss|
|Water Resistance||Excellent, beads water|
|Mechanical Properties||Direct Impact - 30 inch/pounds; Reverse Impact - 6 inch/pounds|
|Hardness||Pencil 4H, Konig 100|
|Application Temperature||50 - 90 degrees Fahrenheit|
Chemical Resistance for Dura-Kote Polyurethane SB:
|MEK (methyl ehtyl ketone)||slightly softens at 3 mins, softens at 1 hr, blisters at 24 hrs|
|Xylene||no effect at 3 mins or 1 hr, softens at 24 hrs|
|Toulene||no effect at 3 mins, slightly softens at 1 hr, softens at 24 hrs|
|Mineral Spirits||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|Ethanol||no effect at 3 mins, softens at 1 hr and 24 hrs|
|1,1 - trichloroethane||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|5% sodium hydroxide||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|50% sodium hydroxide||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|5% sulfuric acid||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|50% sulfuric acid||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|5% hydrochloric acid||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|20% hydrochloric acid||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|5% nitric acid||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|20% nitric acid||no effect at 3 mins and 1 hr, blisters at 24 hrs|
|5% ammonia||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|Gasoline||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|Diesel Fuel||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|Kerosene||no effect at 3 mins, 1 hr or 24 hrs|
|Brake Fluid||no effect at 3 mins and 1 hr, softens/discolors at 24 hrs|
|Skydrol||no effect at 3 mins and 1 hr, dulls at 24 hrs|
1-Gallon Kit High Gloss Floor Polyurethane, 5-Gallon Kit High Gloss Floor Polyurethane