Epoxy Concrete Repair Crack Treatment and Concrete Crack Filler – SCT-EP™
Epoxy Concrete Crack Repair for Cement by SureCrete
Nearly every concrete crack repair job requires some cracks to be treated or "fixed." While no crack can ever truly be fixed, SCT-EP serves as a wonderful treatment product to help reduce the shadowing through of those cracks into the next layer of decorative overlay or coating product as well as to minimize the amount of movement and subsequent cracking from the same location in your concrete slab. Whether you are a homeowner looking to keep your concrete driveway or concrete sidewalks looking pristine, or a professional contractor on a commercial project trying to prepare your substrate for a new coating, SCT-EP will help to reduce slab movement at critical junctures and help to keep your new overlay or coating in pristine condition for a very long time! When repairing floor or a concrete slab, SCT-EP easier and less expensive than competitors cements repairs products on the market today to repair concrete crack problems. The system is economical not only in product costs but also in tools required for its implementation of repairing cracks concrete may have. SCT-EP may be used before the application of an overlay for concrete or as a stand-alone treatment for cracking.
Epoxy Concrete Crack Repair and some typical application:
- Cracked Concrete Slabs
- Damaged Interior Residential Floors
- Hairline concrete cracks in large retail centers
- Non-structurally damaged exterior concrete
- Seals Concrete From Water
- Patch Steps Concrete Based
- Driveway Repair Service
- Older Interior Concrete Floors
- Exterior Building Walls and Steps
- Residential Living Area Substrates
- Fix Cracks in Concrete Driveways and Walkways
- Fixing Concrete Floors and Repair Step Repair
- Concrete Crack Filler
How Do You Use SureCrete SCT-EP™ Epoxy Crack Treatment?
SCT-EP's versatility as a crack treatment product allows for a relatively wide ranged in application procedures. However, the main focuses of the treatment process remain the same.
- All cracks should be "dressed" appropriately by cleaning out with a "V" blade or "crack chaser" equipped with an electric grinder.
- Make sure crack has been cleared of dust and is dry before application of SCT-EP
- Mix SCT-EP thoroughly, until mixture is one consistent color, being careful not to mix more than you need.
- Prime the "v-joint," or cleaned out the crack, by brushing the epoxy mixture into the crack making sure it is injected into the crack.
- Combine clean, dry, inorganic silica sand with the epoxy mixture to create a thick slurry.
- Pour in the mixture and trowel it into the surface. If coming over the top with an overlay, sprinkle some sand over top of the treated crack to help create a better bond with the next coating.
- After approximately 8 hours. and the product has set, use a grinder to remove any excess materials to maintain a flat, even surface.
Frequently Asked Questions About SCT-EP Epoxy Concrete Crack Filler
Question: How Far will SCT-EP Epoxy Concrete Crack Filler Go?
Answer: Varies significantly based on application and amount of silica sand filler used. On its own, 1 (3) gallon kit of SCT-EP will fill 0.4 cubic feet. Larger cracks will require far more product than others sign. See TDS for accurate coverage numbers for certain crack sizes.
Question: How long before applying a finished coating to SCT-EP Epoxy Concrete Crack Filler?
Answer: After approximately 8 hours. have passed and you are ready to grind off excess material, the surface is ready to receive a final coating or overlay.
Specifications and Properties of SCT-EP Epoxy Concrete Crack Filler:
|Coverage||0.4 cubic foot or 1/8″ X 3/4″ X 600′ crack|
|VOC Rating||0 g/L|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
3 Gallon Kit